The Physics Teacher Education Coalition (PhysTEC) recently announced its newest cohort of PhysTEC Fellows in 2020. Teams from five different institutions were selected from many applicants to receive recognition and support to enhance their high school physics teacher education programs.
The current Fellows come from Bridgewater State University, Clemson University, Colgate University, the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, and the University of Washington Bothell. Each of these institutions showcased a strong desire to grow and improve their physics education program and provided compelling plans to do so.
PhysTEC supports these institutions in implementing their plans as part of a larger effort to grow and improve the national infrastructure for preparing greater numbers of highly qualified physics teachers.
- Sean Brittain, Clemson University
- Allison Daubert, Bridgewater State University
- Meg Gardner, Colgate University
- Beth Parks, Colgate University
- Nicolas Pereyra, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Rachel Scherr, University of Washington Bothell
- Chad Sosolik, Clemson University
- Jeff Williams, Bridgewater State University
- Liang Zeng, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley