Ready to Join Us for the Event?Register Now
2022 PhysTEC Conference
March 3-March 5, 2022: A Virtual Experience
Enhance Your Institution’s Physics Teacher Education Program
Registration closes February 11, 2022
Join us for the nation's largest meeting dedicated to the education of future physics teachers! Focusing on the future of physics teacher education, this year’s conference will be an Unconference hosted on Whova. Attendees will set the agenda and drive future directions together. There will be a couple of workshops on best practices and numerous problem-solving and networking opportunities. The conference will be held virtually on March 3-5, 2022.
The conference will include plenty of events to benefit both new and returning participants. Check back regularly for updates to the schedule.
Interested in presenting a poster on your programs, best practices, or new research in physics education at the open poster session? Submit a poster abstract!
If your abstract is accepted, you will receive an email invitation to upload your poster to the Whova platform.
Poster Session Deadlines:
- Poster Abstract submissions due January 21, 2022
- Poster upload due February 18, 2022
- Poster session is 4-5:30 pm ET on March 4, 2022
- Your poster must be saved as a PDF file and uploaded to the Whova platform.
- Poster topics should pertain to physics education and teacher preparation.
- Your poster must correspond to the content of the abstract you submitted.
- Posters should be laid out in logical sequence and have no more content than a traditional poster, though the layout may vary.
- Posters must include NSF attribution where appropriate.
Learning Assistant Alliance Workshop:
Kickoff your conference experience with a deep dive into Learning Assistant programs! Join us for a 90-minute workshop just before our game night. More details to come!
GFO Game Night
Do you miss the informal evenings at a conference where you get to relax and have fun with your colleagues? So do we.
Join us in Gather.Town at 6:30pm ET on March 3rd, 2022 for the GFO Game Night! Relax, play games, meet fellow conference goers, and win some awesome swag! Games will include trivia, crossword puzzles, board games, and more!
Want to brush up on your teaching profession knowledge before playing for keeps? Get the facts right at getthefactsout.org.
Support for Minority Serving Institutions
Conference attendees from eligible Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) are encouraged to apply for a Registration Fee Waiver.
To apply, email PhysTEC@aps.org with the following information:
- MSI Status
- PhysTEC Membership Status
- Description of what you would gain from attending the conference
- An institution is considered an MSI if a specific underrepresented minority group constitutes at least 25% of the total undergraduate enrollment. Lists are available on the Department of Education and Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities websites.
- Recipients must be from a PhysTEC Coalition member institution.
- PhysTEC sites that are currently funded are not eligible.
- Students and high school teachers are not eligible. These awards are intended to support faculty who work in or are interested in physics teacher education.
|Thursday, March 3, 2022|
|5:00 p.m. EST|
Learning Assistant Alliance Workshop
|6:30 p.m. EST|
GFO Game Night